Business Week's article (via Steve Johnson) addresses two defining characteristics of Google:
- The role of simplicity in their products' success.
- The effect of product proliferation on focus.
- Google Talk is #10 in instant messaging.
- Gmail trails MSN and Yahoo in e-mail.
- Google Finance is #40 among finance sites.
- Orkut has 1% of Myspace's social networking traffic.
- Google Maps is #2 in online maps.
- Google News is #2 among aggregated news sites.
- Google's blog search tool has 17% as much traffic as Technorati.
Meanwhile, product managers and analysts everwhere continue to observe how Google's experiments play out.