Yet sometimes it's not immediately obvious how to divide a product development effort into iterations. Here are some approaches that we use with our clients:
- Verbal Description - Flesh out use cases and verbally walk through the customer experience with prospective customers.
- Mock-Up - Compose a Powerpoint presentation or other user interface and use it to demonstrate the user experience to prospective customers.
- Simulation - Create a simulated environment for testing your product and demonstrate your product working in that environment.
- Use Cases per Iteration - Implement just a subset of the product's use cases and demonstrate them to prospective customers.
- Use Case Versions per Iteration - Implement simplified versions of the use cases your product will ultimately satisfy. Demonstrate these working versions to prospective customers.